Monday, October 5, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow....

Juliet lives at my house. Her Romeo of almost 2 years has recently had some life changes and has left the school they jointly attended. She saw him almost every day last week, yet this week (and it's only monday), her life is changed FOREVER. She began crying on Sunday, saying that she wouldn't be able to get a hug from him in the mornings. In my wisdom I informed her that this was NOT the end of the world, and that they would either make it or they wouldn't. In typical Juliet form, she began to sob. My heart hurts for her, but secretly, I'm a little (ie: ALOT) happy about this.
I remember that before I dated older, I had a boyfriend. We will call him Fred. I LOVED Fred! He was cute, would ride his bike 10 miles just to come see me and appeared to LOVE me. I remember he liked strawberry milk. Well, 6 months into my happily ever after, he broke up with me. To date my friend. I remember being in the school hallway, surrounded by people slamming lockers as they pretended not to notice me getting dumped. I remember being to mad at him, so angry and hurt. Before he could blink, my hand had left a print on his cheek the color of a very ripe cherry. He deserved that! I thought I would die....my heart hurt so much. But I didn't....I just started dating. On to the next one. After a few more months Fred tried to get me back. HA! Not this cookie. I had moved on to my next "happily ever after". There were many that I thought would be forever. I was always looking. In a way I am glad my Juliet has been with her Romeo for so long. Her heart hasn't been broken, she hasn't spent time sobbing because "she thought he loved her". My mommy heart doesn't want her to go through that. My ex-teen girl heart says it would be ok. There hasn't really been growing time . They seem to only need eachother......and they are too young for that.
I think everyone needs to have their heart broken once in their lifetime so they can be more careful of others. I think Juliet should have fun, not be worried about her tomorrows and forevers. We haven't raised her to think her life is dependent upon her Romeo, so where did that come from??
So, while I am sad that she is sad, inside I am doing the happy dance. For whatever reason, God has moved Romeo out of close poximity. I trust that the Lord loves her, so I know that this is part of His plan for our Juliet AND her Romeo. As for me, I finally found MY happily ever after. He is a fantastic husband, a great dad and everything I ever wanted. When I stopped searching for what I thought I needed, and let God take over I was blessed beyond belief. When we strike out on our own, with no regard to His plan........well it's a rough ride. I am happy to say, my road is a little smoother.....with the gravel leveled out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment