Tuesday, August 12, 2014

In An Instant

We are in our 3rd week of counseling. Yesterday was a bad one, I came away angry and crying. Went to bed that way too. This morning, my Facebook feed had a simple line above a picture.

"These are my parents.
Late last night, I lost my Dad.
Please pray for my family."

Talk about perspective. I just wanted to hug Matty. He was at work. This doesn't mean that the reason we're in counseling goes away, doesn't mean we're all done. It doesn't even mean that next week, I won't be upset again. It just means that today I am reminded that there are children who go to bed without hugging their dad....a wife that is a widow.

It was very quick, an instant. I am reminded that is all it is sometimes. It's not always about death. There are "instants" in life that we ignore, let pass us by without a single "Howdy-Do". We forget that those are important. We get stuck in complacency.

Complacency is part of what got Matty and I to counseling to begin with. It's just a sneaky thing, lulling us into the "Every Day". We forget to pay attention to the instants...then they're gone.

I don't want them to be gone. I want to remember to cherish every instant.

I know that the Lord is sovereign. I know He called this man home, that this man is worshiping at His feet. There is sorrow here, there is also peace. His peace surpasses all understanding.

Tell the people you love that you do. Don't let instants pass you by. Enjoy them, embrace them and let them wash over you with joy.

God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Yep.
    Your writing is so powerful. The pain is so raw. Your hope is so comforting.

    ReplyDelete