Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Shattered

When a glass hits my tile floor, it shatters. If someone were to throw a rock at my window, it would shatter. When someone tells you they can't be in this relationship right now, your heart could shatter. Those shatters hurt the most. It's happened to our girls, it's happened to me. And now, it's happened to someone that isn't mine, but I hurt for.

I don't know what will happen next. Her heart hurts too, but she puts on a pretty face. She pretends everything is okay. I see his confusion, his looks of despair and sorrow. I don't know what God has in play, but it's bigger than the two of them. I do believe that God is moving in a magnificent way in his life. And that will be wonderful to watch. But for now....he is shattered.

When you give someone permission to be themselves, it takes a lot of weight off of them. It allows them to truly show who they are. That is a good thing. There is a lot of growth that needs to take place and both of them need to figure out who they really are....with God, as themselves and then perhaps, as a couple. I don't know.

What I do know is that sometimes, you can fix a shattered piece of glass. You can perhaps turn it into something more beautiful than it was, create something new and different. Sometimes, looking at it a unique way is all it takes. Just because it's shattered, doesn't mean it's broken forever.

God sees the shattered hearts. He sees the tears and the inside feelings that may be hidden. He knows motives and desires and all the things we tuck away inside ourselves. You are not hidden from Him, dear one. You may not understand, but He does. You may feel all shattered and jumbled, but on the other side of this....you'll see the beautiful creation He has waiting. Lean on Him, let Him be your guide to all things.

Through the sadness, there will be joy. Through the uncertainty, there will be steadiness. As you walk around the glass shards of the broken heart, there will be restoration. I promise. Sometimes, He allows us to shatter so we can depend on Him to create something new. Wait for it....it'll be spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment