Friday, December 16, 2011

Adventures

Life is an adventure. You never know what might get tossed at you, what you might have to jump over or what dragons you may have to slay. But that's half the fun. Most of the enjoyment comes from the anticipation, the "butterflies", the adrenaline.
Well, this year of our life has been no less adventurous. Join me, friends, as I recount our (said in loud, magnified voice) "2011 ADVENTURES....."

-Broken hearts...we've had them this year. We've had a girl have her heart broken and one who broke a few herself.
-Job demotion....first a threat, then reality. A blow to my man for sure, but he rebounded well
-Disneyland!! AGAIN! We were there for Chellsei's 16th birthday....how much more fun could a party be??
WELLL!- They can be pretty fun! We had a "Fabulous 50's" surprise for Chellsei and a "Swashbuckling" pirate surprise party for Kaily...I do LOVE those theme parties. Chellsei looked at her friend laying on the floor and said "Why are you here?" before she understood it was HER party. Silly girl.
-Murphy continues to eat everything....including small terracotta pots full of dirt. And he had mites. And he ate his bed. And....he is so SPOILED!
-Hillary came to visit...with her boyfriend....who she lives with. EEEEK! That was a hard one. "How 'bout them Broncos?" became our favorite saying, when things got tense...as in "When will you marry our daughter" tense. We sent him Bronco shirts for Christmas. :D
-One broken arm in a pink cast.
-One Savannah elected to student council...pretty fabulous!
-One drummer girl.
-One senior getting "senioritis"....and frantically applying to college.
-Kidney infection...pretty recent and very painful...I am soaking up the love.
-Only rearranged the house 3 times, didn't touch his stereo system once. That was a good thing...I think he might've locked me in the closet if I had.
-Celebrated 11 years of marriage. Looking forward to more!
-Kaily realized that her mom is right on a few things...such as boys who play guitar and write angry songs. She is immortalized. Might not be in the best way, but he sure gave her the "power".
-Got to see one of the biggest Holiday films at a screening...for FREE! I love free! AND got lots of tea on "Starbucks Free Tea" day. Hooray for tea for free!
-Made new friends, got family pictures done and generally just grew.

We've had alot go on this year. Some good, some not so good and some just down right terrible. Yet, we've weathered it well. We've gotten through the tears, the giggles, the yelling and even the foot stomping and door slamming. Our adventures make us a family. They are a story we get to tell, a triumph to overcome and a journey to be had.
Thank you all for journeying with me this year. I have shared my heart, my anger, my joy and my sorrows. Through it all, I have prayed. Every adventure is mapped out by God. His plan. There have been times when I haven't spoken to Him as often as I "should". Yet...He is there, loving me. His plan doesn't change just because I am stubborn. (really, I am stubborn...i know, I don't seem to be)I am so excited to be His, so excited to live in this adventure written just for me.

So, Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful New Year. Remember, He was born to die so we could live....


The most wonderful adventure awaits....He is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment