Thursday, December 1, 2011

Crooked and Upside Down

Christmas has hit my house! As Kaily says "Christmas threw up in my house". I think it looks lovely....even with the angel crooked on the tree. But that is pretty much my life. Crooked and upside down.
Just last night, Ashley broke her elbow. I've had sick kids, a always working, barely there husband and the dog had mites. His medicine cost more than his visit! Even had one daughter immortalized in a not so fabulous poem.....posted on facebook!(I broke my facebook fast to hunt the boy down)
Yet....I've also had lots of hugs from those sick kids, lots of snuggle time. Been able to watch all the girly movies I want because Mattys at work. Had a fabulous Thanksgiving and had a great, endorphin rushed night of shopping. Ate at Denny's at 2 a.m. and went to the Cheeecake Factory for a post Thanksgiving lunch....they bought me dessert! Something icky was in my food....hooray for free dessert! As for the mites, well....that's the only thing still on my bad list.
It's easy to recount all the "horrible" things in my life, to be the downtrodden and soggy. It's easy to mope and whine (I'm guilty) and allow myself to roll in the muck. And I feel like I've done that lately. I've been cranky, sad and overrun. I have allowed my circumstances to affect my spirit. And I don't want to be that.
The Lord is good all the time. He has my whole life all mapped out and I was created for His plan. I stray away from that plan and He is still waiting, loving me and holding me. There is nothing that happens in my life, soggy or not, that He isn't aware of. And I've let go of that. He reminds me daily, and I still insist on carrying everything. Silly me. His back is strong, mine is broken.
So as we go into December, I am reminded of His love. I am reminded of His birth, of the innocent baby born to die.....for me. I had a horrible October. I had an iffy November. December has got to be the best yet. And even if it's not, I will try to remember that God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

Sometimes crooked and upside down is good. It allows me to see things from a different angle......sometimes even keeps me walking straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment