Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The "Good" One

The softest sound. The sound of a daughter crying into her pillow, her sorrow palatable. My heart crying out to hers, wanting to hold her close and smack the boy who hurt her. It's the same girl, friends. And this is the boy who was worried about the "flow" of boys through her life, was worried about just being another "flowing" fellow. He wanted to be the "it". He waited almost 3 months to tell her he loved her. And I witnessed it. He held her close, whispered in her ear. I felt like I was intruding, sharing in something private. Yet here we are tonight. Her heart broken. Not sure where his is at. She feels played and like she'll never find a "good" one. Sigh. Personally, I think he lost out....big time.

BUT....there is a reason for the flow of boys in and out of her life. Minor reasons: She is careful with others hearts....she is only 15....she is able to witness, to share her love for God....which leads to the major reason:
God Himself! She is His bride! I believe He created someone just for her. But first, she has to be content with Him. She needs to lean on no other and learn to lay her burdens, cares and worries at His feet. He sees her. He knows her inside and out. He created her with a plan for her life. And He knows her distractions, mainly in boy form. I believe He is refining her. Maybe it's a silly thought, but who am I (or anyone else) to judge what refines someone?

She will remember this one. She, in her 15 heart, believes she LOVES him. Yet, for a while now, the still, quiet whisper of the Lord has been spoken into her heart. This girl has promised God she wouldn't kiss anyone unless he was her husband. The enemy had just about convinced her it was ok to give it to this boy. Amazing how the Lord's whisper got louder, how the words to a song at a concert spoke volumes and how it all fell apart just in time. The enemy strong, our God is stronger.

I wish I could say all the right things, spout wisdom like a fountain and, like always, wrap the girls in bubble wrap. I wish I could hand pick their husbands and put them in a box until they're ready for marriage. I wish I could know the future...and know if she'll ever get her kiss. I believe she will, believe God will honor her heart. But I also know that if that isn't His plan, He will give her peace. It comes down to this. God is the "Good" One. Not only that, He is the ONLY one that will ever love these daughters unconditionally and without ceasing. He will love them through sorrow and through happiness, through anger and hurt. Do I believe they will get married? Yes....but I only want that for them in God's time. And only according to HIS plan. Until then I will dry tears, snuggle them close and pray over and for them. And that's enough.

"'For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord,'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.'" Jeremiah 29:11-12

she prays nightly for the boys who have flowed through her life....and she truly does mean more to this boy. You see, she planted the seed and God did the sowing.

1 comment:

  1. He is the Good One. I share your angst,prayers and love for these sweet ones.My mother's heart touches yours, and longs to share wisdom beauty, etc. You said it all dear sister. Jeremiah 29:11
    Hugs and Chocolate,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete