Friday, October 15, 2010

An ordinary day

Today is ordinary. Sunshine, a breeze and quietness abounds. Mid October already. Pumpkins sit at my front entry way, and all the windows are open. My life is good. I was reminded, however, that things don't stay ordinary. With in a one month span, 2 people I know have found out they have cancer. Their families live in the not ordinary. It causes one to wonder about what ordinary truly is. It caused ME to evaluate my living.
What do I do? Every day starts the same. Kids get up. I get up. Make coffee...eat breakfast. The driving begins. Drop kids off. Go home. Drink more coffee. Keep dog from chewing on everything in sight. Laundry, dishes, floors, bathroom, bed made. Go shopping. Pick first set of kids up....1/2 hour later, pick up 2nd set of kids. Make dinner. Emotional breakdowns (girls). Emotional meltdown (me). All better. Daddy home, tv on, girls settled. Bed.
Wow. Where was God? Sometimes, I feel like it's weeks that I don't read His word. I pray constantly through my day. Sometimes, I rant. I yell and holler. Sometimes I sing...praise Him with my not so great vocal skills. With all my ordinary, I've forgotten and gotten complacent about the One who makes me so NOT ordinary. I am the daughter of THE King. He thinks I am extraordinary. Why then, do I let myself get sucked into the every day, same old thing?? Why do I let myself get so unfocused? If our lives were shaken by cancer or other such, what would I do? If I had to step outside my comfy box, WHAT would I do? I'd live. And grow and change.
That's what I'm going to do. No, we haven't been rocked by a not ordinary instance. But I want to live like I'm extraordinary. I want to meet people where they are, love those the world deems unlovable and serve those who my Father loves. I don't want to begin living just when my world gets rocked. I want to see the blessings now. I want to enjoy and LIVE....while the living is good! Every day begins again, brand new with a plan in place. Not my plan, but His. It's a perfect plan, with bumps and holes and straight and smooth. It's fabulous.

My day will begin the same way tomorrow, but tomorrow I won't be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment