Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Annual Thankful Post

What a catching title, huh? Well, here it is. Whether you've been waiting with bated breath or are just now finding me (or neither), this is my annual Thankful blog. This list is comprised of things over this year that have caused me to be intensely thankful. God is good.

Thankful For:

-Matty. At the beginning of the year I was thankful for him, but not the way I am now. My eyes are open, my heart is open, our marriage continues to grow.

-Girls. As in the 6 of them. They are a bright spot in my life, a joy to watch grow, their adventures unfolding.

-Sweet Reya! That girl makes me giggle! She reminds me that there is hope for this world, reminds me of God's grace.

-Piper Ann. Not born yet, but what a sweet joy to anticipate.

-Restoration

-Adventures! I would rather not repeat them without my rock (Matty), but what an adventure this year was! Texas twice, Kaily married (once)and a long drive to and from New Mexico. Tears, laughter, hugs and Skype dates. It's been a ride.

-Son in law x 2. Both are young men who are learning to be good husbands. So thankful for the way they love our girls.

-Crazy. He loves our girl.

-Young adults. All those teens became young adults. What a pleasure it is to still be a part of their lives.

-My Aunt Vicki who loves me all the time.

-My parents, J and A. Family: people who love you no matter what.

-Young people at our church who gave up their lives here in America to teach others in countries that are sorely lacking in amenities and abounding with bugs. God is so for them, His plans are unfolding as I write.

-New dining room light. Love it!

-New friends!

-God has provided for our pantry.

-Murphy hasn't eaten as many socks.

-Whisper doesn't jump the fence.

-People who graciously spend their time working on our vehicle. That we have a vehicle to drive while ours is getting fixed.

-In the midst of our sorrow, God continuously provided brightness. He gave tidbits of joy and never let us sink completely, no matter how hard we tried to swim to the bottom.

-God and His infinite grace.

There is so much more, so many tiny things that have seeped into my every day. I have so much to be thankful for, so much to find joy in. I have decided to not do my non-thankful list....except for one thing: I am NOT thankful for spiders. Yuck!

Find your joy, friends. Claim it. Be thankful, because even if you're not feeling thankful.....you're breathing. His plan for you isn't done unfolding and even when it looks bleak, He is with you. He holds your hand and bottles your tears.

I'm thankful for you. I'm praying for you. Happy Thanksgiving season!

1 comment: