Monday, September 13, 2010

Shattered Hearts

When a heart breaks, can you hear it shatter? I couldn't hear it when I broke someone elses heart. I didn't care. But now...now my Juliet's heart is broken. And I could've heard the shatter from 200 miles away. Just earlier today, he said he loved her. And I believe he does. As much as a teen boy can. He's so lost and unsure. His life is full of doubt and indecision. My heart hurts for him, too. I want to whap him upside his head and ask him what he was thinking. That's what I did to strawberry milk boy. All whap, though, no asking.
So, in my teen girlhood, I broke one boy's heart. I doubt it scarred him for life, but who truly knows? I did him wrong. Intentionally. Methodically. All without concern for his heart. It seemed to be a theme with me. I meet boy. Boy asks me out. I say yes. Lose interest. But rather than tell him right away, I line up another one. And still don't tell first boy. Apparently, 2 was better than 1. One in high school. One out. Silly, silly girl. All this is, of course, after MY heart was broken by strawberry milk boy. Does that make it ok?? Golly, NO! But I think I went into protective mode. Protect my heart. It wasn't until I met my hubby that I truly let my heart go. He made me drop every defense I had. I even gave him one of my children. But that, friends, is another story.
Our Juliet is crying. Sobbing. Her gifts from him have been bagged up. He has been removed from her facebook friends, and her relationship status is "Single". Pictures have been deleted. Jewelry has been put away. I know this isn't it for her. She is not doomed to a life of spinsterhood. I know that this is God, trying to gain her attention back. He is a jealous God and Romeo took up alot of our Juliet's thought process. I know that she can't think. I know SHE thinks this is the end of her life. But I know this is just the beginning. Maybe, Romeo wasn't in His plan to begin with. Maybe this was to teach her to be careful with others. I pray she will grow, learn and not close herself up. I pray she will not follow in my footsteps and put up a huge wall. I pray she will live...enjoy and have fun. I pray she will KNOW her value is not in Romeo's young hands, but the hands of the Almighty God. He sees her. He knows her name and He loves her much, much more than anyone on this earth. She IS the daughter of THE King. I pray she remembers that. And those of you who know her, please pray these things too. She's going to need it to heal.

I hope those hearts I broke have grown back together. I never did have the power to truly ruin lives...people just pretended I did.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I'm so sorry for her pain! I wish there was an easy fix for broken hearts. I'll be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete