Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Lie

We are surrounded by lies. Billboards, television, books....they all lie and tell us how we should look, how we should talk and how we should support the "issues". The problem is that we BELIEVE these lies. We allow them to permeate our lives, fall prey to the ones that seem innocent. Those are the most harmful; the ones that look right.

As our marriage is healing, the enemy is trying to undo the restoration that the Lord has given. We have to be careful not to fall into the snares he sets. The Bible says that he is allowed to roam and rule this earth...this is his domain. His goal is to steal, kill and destroy. He works overtime in his deceit, finds joy in the sorrows.

We've gone through a challenging year. As we've navigated, I've cried out. I've believed the lies of the evil one; I've allowed his untruth to seep into my spirit. I've allowed the sadness to overtake. In short, I've allowed him small victories.

Guess what! No More! I have been reminded of His grace. I am surrounded by His love, pillowed by His spirit.

Our marriage isn't without struggle. Now, though, we turn to Him first. We argue in love and seek to soothe injured hearts and feelings. The enemy's lies have no hold. Sometimes they creep in and try to take over and sometimes I have to pray very hard to get them away.....but He always takes them, doesn't allow them.

One thing I've struggled with is the feeling of not being good enough. Here's some news for you: I. Don't. Have. To. Be. He is more than enough and wants to be always enough for me. There isn't ANYTHING I can do to make Him love me more, nothing I HAVE to do. My relationship (and salvation) are only based on the fact that I am an acknowledged sinner and that I believe in Him. He paid for me on the cross....as He hung there dying, my sin was upon Him. And He took it. If I was the only one, He would've taken it. I'm not. He did it for you, too.

There isn't ceremony in knowing Him. The enemy would have us believe it's complicated and based on a series of must do things. The truth is, it's simple.

With Him, all can be restored. The worst lie of all in our marriage was believing that we could fix it ourselves. Without our relationship with Christ being center, we had no hope. Now we are full of it.


Don't believe the enemy. He makes everything look pretty. Don't be fooled; underneath the beauty is a sorrow unimaginable. The biggest lie of all is that there is no enemy. He exists and he walks this earth.

Sunday is Easter. If you don't know Him, I encourage you to ask questions. Get to know Him in truth. You are loved, friend, and worth more than the enemy tells you. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment