Monday, April 13, 2015

A Little Piece of My Mommy Heart

Remember that time we had 6 daughters? Remember how we used to do lots of things together? Remember when THEY ALL GREW UP???

Yeah, me too. Talking with one of them tonight, I realized that her compass was off. As a family, we are very close. As sisters, some of them are closer than others. 2 of them in particular.

Since that tall girl left to live with her husband (how dare she??!), C has been a little lost. K was her support system, her closest friend. K, of course, gets the benefit of someone else. C has been wandering a bit. All around her, friendships are dropping. People she's known for years are suddenly no longer around. Her heart is heavy. I encourage her to get involved, meet new people. She wants to....doesn't quite know how.

I never really had the joy of a close girl relationship. When I was 18 I met my very first real friend. We are still friends to this day; she helped me escape from my first husband. I didn't meet another woman I was close with until about 10 years ago. We're still friends...don't see her as much as I would like, but I know she loves me. I'm slowly developing more girl relationships; I've got some pretty great ones and growing new ones all the time!

It's difficult,though, to try to tell your child that sometimes it's a slow process. I can explain my theory of seasonal friendships. It doesn't take away her hurt. I really want to take away her hurt.

We all knew these days would come. The days when the household got smaller and a lot quieter. We knew it would get less busy. We knew the teens we claimed as our own would someday find lives. Just because we knew doesn't mean it's easy. I've felt the sting, the break in my heart is healing. I miss them...not just the ones God blessed us to raise; the ones He put in our path to love. From my mother point of view, I forget there are others hurting. Mainly our girl.

I know He has a plan for her life. I know that the friendships that have changed may not stay that way, I know that He may be protecting her from some things and I know that in His timing He will provide joyous relationship for her! I know she misses her sister; that may never change. Her sister misses her.

This girl...she's amazing. She's a bit upside down and backwards. However, she is His. Her heart is covered. I don't doubt that she will grow past this; her life will unfold according to His will. He is for her. As He is for all of them. He created them, He knows them...He loves them.



Chin up, girl whose name they never have. You are His dead girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment